Sunday, November 10, 2013

What it Means to Stay Fit

Greetings to you all!
   If you are reading this blog, then you are no doubt one of four people:

1) My client
2) A friend of my client
3) A member of Club NewTone
4) Someone I have spoken to about fitness (you know, that one time, at that one place)

If you are not one of those people, fear not! I am happy to have you on board. I hope that this blog helps you out in one way or another for the time that you may devote to it.

I want to start off by explaining what it is that this blog has been born for. As with most online media, I will undoubtly go off an a tangent from time to time, but it is my goal that every thing I type, video, or photograph, I accomplish one or more of the following (not listed in any particular order):

A) Helps you in some way to better your physical fitness (I will talk about what fitness truly means in my opinion at length in this blog)

B) Give you insights into my personal journey in health and fitness in the hopes that it betters yourself

C) Give you resources on movements, equipment, instruction, education, etc. to advance you into a higher state of health and fitness.

D) Help you stay positive in a most outwardly negative world.

E) Have a hell of a lot of fun.

I will say that a majority of my reputation and acknowledgement as an individual comes from my position as the Director of Fitness at Club NewTone. With that being said, this is my PERSONAL blog, meaning I will much more likely give my personal insights and opinions, and (get ready to be lawyered) the views and commentaries of myself do not represent the views and opinions of Club NewTone, it's employees, or any affiliations of said company. That being said, if you came to Club NewTone and asked me my opinion on a subject, I can promise you the opinion will be exactly the same. I will not lie here, I may just say it a little differently!

Lastly (for this post), I want to explain my motto: Stay Fit. I hear all of the time, "I can't do that" or "I want to get in shape before I really start working out with a trainer" (cringe). I need you to really open your mind-ears for this one: WE ARE ALL FIT. Fitness is a continuum, and we are all on it. Granted, some of us are more fit than others, but that doesn't mean a damn thing to me. What matters to me is the intensity by which one wants to better themselves. And what's more, most of us are interested in, at the very least, being MORE fit. What does this mean?  Fitness is a mentality. Just the act of consciously yearning to be more fit is a part of fitness. So always remember that. You are where you are. And if you want to be farther, be better, be more, you have to do what it takes to get there.

You don't have to be perfect today. Just be better than yesterday.

Hopefully this blog will give you the tools, ideas, and motivations to get there. But until such a time comes where you are better now then you were than and that lightbulb switches in your head, I want you to do one thing:

Stay Fit.
Matt Chan and me at my CrossFit Level 1 Trainer seminar.


No comments:

Post a Comment