Sunday, November 17, 2013

Physical Activity vs. Exercise

Hello All,
 Long day on Saturday, so I am making it up this morning! Started off with my wife and a great group from the Weight Loss Challenge at my club going out to the local Boy's and Girls Club to help tear down an old fence. We had a good time, and it felt good knowing we were helping out the community. It also reminded me that it is good to be fit! All of the heavy lifting over our heads, twisting and turning with the large fence sections would have been a lot harder had I not been physically prepared! There were a few times leaning over with the boards that I was grateful for strong legs so I did not hurt my back.
A great team doing a great cause!

Anything can be done with the right people and a big hammer!






















After that demolition duty, I got a call from a buddy of mine to go play a game (or 6) of paintball. Run through the woods and shoot at people without anybody dying? I'm in! It was a great time as well.

At the end of the day, you can bet I was tired! Although I am a little antsy from not exercising, I was still able to stay active. To help explain the differnce (in my own terms), exercise is a routine, designed and structured period of time focused on improving your overall fitness. Physical activity is all the other stuff (from getting out of bed, to sitting and typing. For most people, increased physical activity can be a great way to stay healthy. If you are able to incorporate (more physical) physical activity into your daily lives regularly, it can go a long way towards calorie burning, strengthening, increasing range of motion (if you work in that range of motion), and most likely getting a lot more done throughout the day! As long as you are eating right, and still incorporating exercise into your lives, physical activity can be a true lifesaver. So get out there, rake those leaves, clean that house, volunteer, walk that dog, live that life!

Now I'm going to go workout before my head explodes! Have a great Sunday readers.

Stay Fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment