Friday, January 16, 2015

Can 10 Minutes Change Your Life?

Welcome back Fitters!
 It is 11:09pm, I just got done with a ten hour work day, straight home to do some functional biomechanic assignments, and now I sit in bed, typing away on this dream-making machine. We've all had days like this. In fact, some of us (myself included) love to live a life like this, because if you aren't busy living...well, you know the alternative. But with such a hectic schedule, it can be difficult to add that "one more thing" to the list of life's to-dos. As I mentioned last week, one of my most challenging goals for 2015 was writing in this blog every week. Between work, school, exercise, and social life, it seemed a daunting task. But before I embarked on this journey, a member of the Club, and someone I would call a "passive, postive friend" told me about an article....

The article was written by a man named Eric Zorn. Eric has done a few great things in his life, including starting a group dedicated to changing their lives. In this article (the link is below) Eric talks about the power of devoting just TEN MINUTES a day to your dreams. While it may not seem like much, that is the point! You can find ten minutes a day to do just about anything. Stretching, reading a book, WRITING a book, learning an instrument (Eric's 10 minute a day goal). So it is was with this in mind that I departed on my blogging quest. The task may only start off as 10 minutes a day, but that is just the snowball that you start at the top of the hill. Once it get's rolling, and catches momentum, who knows what will happen. And even if it just stays at ten minutes, that is still 3,650 minutes this year (or about 61 hours) that you will devote to making a dream a reality.

 What could you accomplish if you devoted 10 minutes a day to a dream?

Well folks, it's 11:19pm, there are my ten minutes. What will you devote your ten minutes to this year?


Here is the article if you are interested in learning more: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/commentary/ct-dreams-goals-ten-minutes-a-day-perspec-1228-jm-20141226-column.html#page=1

No comments:

Post a Comment